Friday, November 20, 2009

Pamela's Blog

I really like the way in which Pamela analyzed this work (The Rocking-Horse winner). I think that it is essential when we are children, feel that we are loved by our parents. Otherwise we can have problems in the future that will make us feel that we lack something. I am saying all this because Pamela pointed out as the main issues of this work the relationship between mother and son which in my opinion apply.
From my point of view, Pamela did a very god job comparing the unhappy woman found in the Rocking-horse winner, with Lawrence's mother and her unhappy life with her husband because of poverty.

At the same time, Pamela is making distinction of this to mothers saying that Lawrence's mother was great and loved him. In contrast, the mother shown by the author in the Rocking-horse winner was cruel with her son because she did not love him and she tried to supply this lack of love by material things.

Maybe as a recommendation, I would suggest Pamela checking the punctuation of her post. Anyway, I think she did an amazing job and her works always expresses very strong ideas suppored correctly by the works we read.

Congrats

No comments: