Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nature and Freedom


First of all I would like to say that this was a very good poem that produced good feelings on me. From my point of view, Wordsworth tried to represent the daffodils as a new season that brought happiness and freedom to poets’ lives. The author imagined himself as a cloud, event that could be understood as a human that flew freely and without any worry or problem in his mind.

When I read and caught all the passion that Wordsworth put on his poem, I imagined that he was sharing past experiences related to peaceful and fun from his childhood. Similarly, I interpreted that he was dealing with a rebirth in the person that was around these daffodils, and that was why he wrote, "A poet could not but be gay, In such a jocund company".

Concluding, I would say that as we have seen in other poems from Romanticism that this poem contains nature elements as clouds, daffodils and mountains that feel as human beings do. In the same way the author includes the concept of freedom, because from my point of view flying is such a liberty.

4 comments:

Clau said...

You made good points, but they are not completed... try to write in a more concise way...it would be easier to understand your ideas
What did you mean when you mentioned this "rebirth" in the poet; in which sense?

Take care,

Claudia

salo_thug said...

I meant a "rebirth" as a person that was free when staying there flying. The author forgot all his problems and he started againg, just like a baby.



Salomon

Clau said...

It is more clear now, thanks, does nature give you the same sense? why?

salo_thug said...

Not really. I mean I like nature but it does not take me to other places as the author.